Child Toys

child toys

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Is Child Care Ready?

For parents with children in child care, knowing what kind of plan is in place, and what to do in case of emergencies, is essential. Make sure you know the what, when, where, and how of your child care provider’s emergency action plan by asking your child care provider these 10 questions:

1. If a disaster hits our area, do you have a written emergency preparedness plan?
2. How will you safely get my child to a safe, predetermined location?
3. How and when will I be notified if a disaster occurs when my child is in child care?
4. If I cannot get to my child during or after a disaster, how will you continue to care for my child?
5. Have you and your staff received training on how to respond to my child’s physical and emotional needs during and after a disaster?
6. What kinds of records on children are kept and made available during a disaster?
7. Will you teach my older child what to do during an emergency?
8. Do you have a disaster kit with enough food, water and other essentials to meet my child’s needs for at least three days?
9. Do the state and local emergency management agencies and responders know about your child care program and where it is located?
10. How may I help you during and after a disaster?

No comments: